We are seeking entertainers for the 7th Annual Summer Cabaret Festival which will run July 12 through Aug. 25, 2019. Performances will be Thursday through Saturday evenings at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday afternoons at 2 p.m. in our 90-seat Pinkerton Theatre. If selected, you will perform two or three times during the run of the festival. Artistic Director Allan Kollar is accepting submissions from interested acts through Wednesday May 15, 2019. Chosen acts and a festival schedule will be announced June 1, 2019 at which time tickets will also go on sale.
Those interested in being considered for the festival must submit:
- A brief description of the show including title, style, and theme
- A sample song list
- A video highlighting vocal and performance abilities
- Performance resume
- Head shot
- Schedule conflicts between June 15 and Aug. 25, 2019
- Two sets (35-45 minutes each) of music-driven cabaret entertainment
- Sheet music for the accompanist in the correct key
- Assistance in promoting the show
- High-resolution digital photos and promotional materials
- Any costumes or props required
- Performance space in the Pinkerton Theatre (90-seat black box)
- Accompanist (if needed)
- Up to four cordless hand-held microphones
- Four stools, one cocktail table
- Basic lighting (warm wash, cool wash, center special, piano special)
- Stage Manager / Light Board Operator / Sound Operator
- Marketing of the cabaret festival as a whole
Performers should fill out an submission form HERE or mail a packet to:
140 Tampa Ave. W.
Venice, FL 34285
Attn: Allan Kollar, Artistic Director
Please note: The theatre is not able to consider “book shows” (scripted shows either published or unpublished); shows that violate copyright law (i.e. “An evening of Disney songs”); shows that require scenery; shows that requireprojections / video.
Questions about submission requirements should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.