Venice Theatre Employment Opportunities
All letters of interest and resumes may be sent to:
Front of House/Bar Manager
Venice Theatre seeks a front-of-house/bar manager, starting immediately. This is a supervisory part-time position (approx. 1200 hours per year). Manager will be on site for Venice Theatre previews and performances, co-ordinating with production, box office, and bar staff, as well as supervising front-of-house volunteers. Audience management experience required. For best consideration, applicant must have a friendly demeanor, a cool head, and problem-solving skills. Apply with letter of interest and resume to Jobs@VeniceTheatre.net.
(part-time payroll, approximately 1000-1200 hours per year)
- Serve as front-of-house manager, supervising bartenders, volunteer house managers and volunteer ushers, keeping a cheerful and welcoming demeanor throughout the work period.
- Arrive at theatre at least 2-3 hours ahead of performance.
- Check auditoriums and lobby for normal operation and for problems: seating, air conditioning, obstructions, lighting, hearing-assist system, etc., and as follow-up on previous performance’s reports/need for repairs.
- Contact scheduled house managers/ushers for following day to reaffirm attendance, re-schedule as necessary.
- Check bar stock and any bartender issues for upcoming performance.
- Co-ordinate with box office and development about any special circumstances.
- Co-ordinate with bartenders and volunteer house managers/ushers upon their arrival.
- From audience admittance (one hour prior to curtain) until audience final exit, be available for—and handle as necessary—emergencies. These may include slip-and-falls, health issues, unruly customers, plumbing problems, production issues involving a need to stop, weather or power emergencies, or others.
- Reconcile bar inventory, do all bar reports, and store bar inventory and proceeds in safe location.
- After audience exit, close down lobby and all front-of-house functions, file front-of-house report, secure building as necessary.
Venice Theatre is looking to expand its teaching team. We are accepting applications for contracted acting, dance and singing teachers. Seeking teachers for children, teens and adults. Competitive pay rate. Please send a resume and letter of interest to Sandy Davisson, Director of Education and Outreach, 140 W. Tampa Ave., Venice, FL or to Jobs@VeniceTheatre.net.
Part-time Sound Board Operator
Venice Theatre is currently seeking a part-time Sound Board Operator/Sound Technician. This
position primarily involves working evenings and weekends during the run of our Mainstage,
Stage II and Generations productions. There will also be some daytime off-site performances.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
operation of mixing consoles, microphones, and playback equipment, under the
guidance of the Stage Manager, Director, and Design Team.
application, removal, and care & feeding of wireless microphones
daily maintenance of sound & music areas
setup, operation, and strike of portable equipment for roadshows
Assist with load in and load out of concerts
Requirements for this position include:
prior experience with analog or digital mixing consoles, microphones, or sound
an understanding of the fundamentals of digital audio
prior digital editing experience (audio or video)
MAC and WINDOWS experience; programs include Audacity, QLab, ShowCueSystem
technological proficiency; communication via Slack, email, messaging
able to lift 50 lbs and stand for extended periods of time, occasionally in cramped and
This part-time position is seasonal and should average between 18 and 25 hours per week.
Hours will vary according to Venice Theatre’s performance schedule.
Starting pay is $15.00 per hour
Those interested should send a resume and at least three reference to
Technical Theatre summer contract teacher
Venice Theatre is seeking a technical theatre contract teacher for our summer season. The season begins May 24, 2019 and runs through July 19, 2019. Classes include students from grades 3- 12. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: attending production meetings, working with interns, basic instruction in sets, lights, costumes, sound and props, preparation of class projects in coordination with show needs and theatre staff, act as deck crew chief and organize student crews, and maintain budget and reconcile at the end of each session. Preferred skills include previous teaching experience and the joy of teaching children. This position reports to The Director of Education and Outreach and works in collaboration with the Director(s) and Technical Director. Better than average fee for work in this fast-paced and creative environment. Please send your resume and letter of interest to Jobs@VeniceTheatre.net.