Venice Theatre Employment Opportunities
All letters of interest and resumes may be sent to:
Venice Theatre is looking to expand its teaching team. We are accepting applications for contracted acting, dance and singing teachers. Seeking teachers for children, teens and adults. Competitive pay rate. Please send a resume and letter of interest to Sandy Davisson, Director of Education and Outreach, 140 W. Tampa Ave., Venice, FL or to Jobs@VeniceTheatre.net.
Technical Theatre summer contract teacher
Venice Theatre is seeking a technical theatre contract teacher for our summer season. The season begins May 24, 2019 and runs through July 19, 2019. Classes include students from grades 3- 12. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: attending production meetings, working with interns, basic instruction in sets, lights, costumes, sound and props, preparation of class projects in coordination with show needs and theatre staff, act as deck crew chief and organize student crews, and maintain budget and reconcile at the end of each session. Preferred skills include previous teaching experience and the joy of teaching children. This position reports to The Director of Education and Outreach and works in collaboration with the Director(s) and Technical Director. Better than average fee for work in this fast-paced and creative environment. Please send your resume and letter of interest to Jobs@VeniceTheatre.net.
Summer Costume Intern
Venice Theatre is currently seeking a contracted summer costume intern. The position primarily involves working days and some evenings and/or weekends during the run of our Summer Mainstage Season.
Requirements and Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Good basic sewing skills including but not limited to, operating a sewing machine and hand stitching
- Basic knowledge of sewing construction
- Basic understanding of patterning, layout and construction
- Knowledge of taking measurements
- Ability to work well with co-workers, staff and volunteers as a team member, as well as be able to work individually
- Good organizational and time management skills
Hours will vary according to the needs of the costume shop’s schedule.
Prefer, but not necessary, to have someone with costume shop experience.
Pay is comparable to industry rates.
Please send letter of interest, resume and two references to Jobs@VeniceTheatre.net.
Front of House Assistant
Venice Theatre seeks a front-of-house assistant. This is a supervisory part-time position (approx. 1200 hours per year). Will be on site for Venice Theatre previews and performances, co-ordinating with production, box office, and bar staff, as well as supervising front-of-house volunteers. Audience management experience required. For best consideration, applicant must have a friendly demeanor, a cool head, and problem-solving skills. Apply with letter of interest and resume to Jobs@VeniceTheatre.net.
(part-time payroll, approximately 1000-1200 hours per year)
- Serve as front-of-house manager, supervising bartenders, volunteer house managers and volunteer ushers, keeping a cheerful and welcoming demeanor throughout the work period.
- Arrive at theatre at least 2-3 hours ahead of performance.
- Check auditoriums and lobby for normal operation and for problems: seating, air conditioning, obstructions, lighting, hearing-assist system, etc., and as follow-up on previous performance’s reports/need for repairs.
- Contact scheduled house managers/ushers for following day to reaffirm attendance, re-schedule as necessary.
- Check bar stock and any bartender issues for upcoming performance.
- Co-ordinate with box office and development about any special circumstances.
- Co-ordinate with bartenders and volunteer house managers/ushers upon their arrival.
- From audience admittance (one hour prior to curtain) until audience final exit, be available for—and handle as necessary—emergencies. These may include slip-and-falls, health issues, unruly customers, plumbing problems, production issues involving a need to stop, weather or power emergencies, or others.
- Reconcile bar inventory, do all bar reports, and store bar inventory and proceeds in safe location.
- After audience exit, close down lobby and all front-of-house functions, file front-of-house report, secure building as necessary.